Click here for Forms and Documents. Click here for Upcoming Events.
Click here for more information regarding our upcoming conference.
In response to the needs of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), their families and the individuals working with them, the Mississippi Department of Mental Health, Boswell Regional Center formed an Autism Services Division and a Curriculum Task Force. These entities are providing support for an Autism Statewide Training Initiative designed to build capacity to provide evidence-based services and supports to individuals with ASD and their families across the lifespan in Mississippi.
The initiative employs a trainer of trainers model to provide free Foundations Training in autism throughout the state. If you are interested in hosting a training at your location, please contact Peggy Kelly at 601-867-5000 ext. 75241, firstname.lastname@example.org or Stephanie Jackson at 601-867-5000 ext. 75018, email@example.com for more information.
About the Training: This free two-day training will provide participants with an extensive foundation in ASD and is geared to produce the following learning outcomes:
- Understanding of the characteristics of autism and their impact on individuals through the lifespan.
- Skills in determining priorities and planning strategies to address them.
- Skills in the design and use of visual strategies.
- An understanding of sensory processing and strategies for meeting sensory needs.
- Skills in environmental set-up and arrangement.
- Skills in identifying and utilizing evidence-based practices in the areas of social, communication and behavior.
- Strategies for effective teaming.
- An awareness of state and national autism resources.
Registration: Registrations will be processed by date received. Please return a completed registration as soon as possible to be considered for participation. Training sessions fill up fast.
If you require any auxiliary aids, services, or special requirements, please contact Peggy Kelly at 601-867-5000 ext. 75241, firstname.lastname@example.org or the local contact on your registration form.